The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonymous
Unregistered

Loved one violent and has given up
      11/18/05 02:10 AM

My husband who kept his secret status until he became so ill this past year, has become to violent to live with anymore. I have had to leave my home and am very sad and lonely. I miss our live together. I was so shocked when I found out he had risked my health and betrayed me in this way, but I was willing to work through it. I believe in forgiveness, and I forgave him. Wanted to talk, work it out, stay together, of course I was hurt. He seemed very uninterested in our marriage after I nursed him back to health, he hit the child and we lost custody of the boy. He began staying gone, drugging for days on end, with other women. He got violent with me, crack does it I guess. I helped him get into treatment, but the day he got out, he wrecked my car. He is getting worse, I woke up heard him saying he deserved it and came trying to force unprotected sex on me. Now he says I've turned my back on him. So I took a chance and went to take him to find his sister, although he frightens me. I explained to him that we are using tough love and he needs to get help for the drug addiction and reach out, that he hurt us and pushed us away from him. He got angry--I gave him money to get his hiv meds filled. At that point he told me raging at me that he hadn't hurt anyone and screaming at me, so I took him to my home, let him out and got out of there. He called me and told me he would blow my brains out if I try to make him leave the house. I explained that It is my home, and I can't continue to live like a homeless person. He won't listen to me about how any of this is affecting me. I have never seen anyone change so much in my life. It is very traumatic for me and I have filed a vpo at this point and will get a divorce. He obviously never loved me or if he did, he is to full fo anger and self pity to think of me or his child. He is making no effort to get me or the child back. Does anyone know of anyone else--doing these things after getting sick or is the crack doing this to him. I am so confused as to what happened to our marriage, our family, our life. It just cracked apart and I don't know why it got like this. Why would he give up so easily after being positive for more than 20 years. He got sick one time and it's just so crazy. We were all being so supportive and he sabatoged it all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Loved one violent and has given up Anonymous 11/18/05 02:10 AM
. * Re: Loved one violent and has given up Anonymous   11/22/05 11:40 PM
. * Re: Loved one violent and has given up debtex   11/23/05 04:56 PM
. * Re: Loved one violent and has given up river   11/19/05 11:02 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3172

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement