Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Behappy
Unregistered

Failing regimine? How to tell
      10/17/05 11:09 PM

I am wondering how to determine if it is time to insist the doc changes my husbands med, possibly not the Sustiiva but the combivir, because it has been a little over a year now and his cd4 is up from {under 20} to 30. the viral load is undectable, but I am wanting a higher cd count. I understand the AZT in the Combivir is associated with not so vigorous CD4 counts. Any experiences with failing regimines? It is a little scary to change meds, but I just don't know how long this is going to take. The doctor had told us last September that the weight would come back on when the count goes up but its not really going up.

Another thing, There seems to be alot of mental confusion with my sweetheart, some days worse than others. I took him to JC Penneys to take back some pants, and I parked. He got lost for over half an hour and I was just right outside. One doctor report talked about peripheal neuropathy and neurological manifestation of HIV, with noticeable gait problems, but I'm uncertain as to what that all means. I also noticed that my husband was missing some doses and not being really honest about it. So I started paying closer attention to his meds. If he had become resistant to the meds from missing doses would the virus still be undectable? Also he had started using drugs again, and not eating for a few days on his runs. So I made him go into treatment. He has been doing alot better, but the doc said that wouldn't make a difference in the cd4 count, does nutrition, rest etc,,, make a difference in that area? Or affect the wasting that AIDS has caused? It seems to me it would all make a difference, but the doctor[who specializes in HIV] says no.

Input would be helpful, because i am having trouble getting more aggressive treatment from both ends, husband and doctor. Sometimes I think I am more concerned about it than either one of them.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Failing regimine? How to tell Behappy 10/17/05 11:09 PM
. * Re: Failing regimine? How to tell soimnotalone   11/03/05 07:23 PM
. * Re: Failing regimine? How to tell Anonymous   11/13/05 12:55 AM
. * Re: Failing regimine? How to tell ny10001   10/25/05 02:55 PM
. * Re: Failing regimine? How to tell Anonymous   10/19/05 11:24 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3734

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement