The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

waterspot
Unregistered

a grateful post
      07/29/05 01:09 PM

Hello all you beautiful people! I have posted a few times in the past six months or so, and read a ton on this site, I wanted to say thank you to all of you who post, and who reply. My love is HIV+, six months ago his vl was >750000, his cd4 was 28. He had acyclovir resistant shingles, was begining to get ks like lesions (never diag), thrush, wasting syndrome, nausea, vomiting, constipation, severe lethargy, anxiety (panic) issues, then was diag with cmv retinitis, then it became systemic he went into acute renal (kidney) failure, had radiculopathy (nerve disfunction) couldn't walk became incontinent (couldn't pee or move his bowels under control), had a pneumothorax (collapsed lung)...today he is home again (thank you God) walking slowly, but walking!!, he is not incontinent, his renal function is normal, the cmv is no longer active and his vision while slightly less than before is still intact, the shingles are long gone, he is gaining weight, is rarely nauseous, he has no skin lesions of any kind, is no longer on any pain medications except ibuprofen, his last vl was <400 (gonna get a more specific test soon, and his cd4 270. all his other labs are also miraculously normal. I'm writing all of this to say thank you to everyone involved on this site because there were times i just didn't know what to do where to go what to say or think, and I'd just sit down, pull up this site and read until i could breath again because i felt like i has some support, some information. So Thank You so much, Thank God for this life, for more chances, for being able to wake up beside my love this morning. Our battle is not over yet, lots of recovery still, but the sun is definitely shining in our lives.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* a grateful post waterspot 07/29/05 01:09 PM
. * Re: a grateful post Anonymous   08/11/05 12:56 PM
. * Re: a grateful post waterspot   08/22/05 08:24 AM
. * Re: a grateful post debtex   07/29/05 02:21 PM
. * Re: a grateful post Monchhichi   07/30/05 02:57 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3927

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement