Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Announcements >> News & Research

Malcolm4u

Reged: 12/22/10
Loc: Mid west
Vacc-4x
      12/22/10 12:21 AM

I have been following the development of Vacc-4x for several months and at this point just want to say WTF?! I think this is another case of good drug, bad company and people with HIV are going to get screwed in the end. They have this amazing data in phase 2a where people on the trial were able to stay off HAART for 5 years and then they do a Phase IIb study that couldn’t even meet its primary endpoints! How could two phase II trials of the same drug end up with such different results? The company announces and they’re dropping it but then 2 months later they say ‘oopps, we looked at the data and were wrong-it does work’.

Why aren't there multiple trials going on with what may be the best chance for a better way to manage HIV? Now there is no word on another trial or the immunogenicity data that would tell us the real deal.

I spoke to a researcher who is very well respected and he thinks the whole thing may be a stock thing because of the way this company has been acting since the new CEO took over. I really hope not. I would love to be able to come off my regimen for years at a time. If this data is so good, why isn't there an ACTG trial? Can someone please tell me what the F is going on?!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Vacc-4x Malcolm4u 12/22/10 12:21 AM
. * Re: Vacc-4x bartlebyAdministrator   12/22/10 02:57 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2048

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement