Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Announcements >> News & Research

NicoleRose

Reged: 12/07/04
Loc: Maryland
medical treatment, insurance, etc
      11/27/10 02:07 PM

Hi everyone! I've been a member of this board for years now. I've been on here for support, information and education.
I am writing a paper for English - the topic I was assigned was to write a persuasive essay on whether or not the US should provide medical and monetary assistance to South Africa for aids treatment. Personally, I am kind of at a loss on which way I want to go with this essay because I can see both sides. I believe we should help others, yet I also thing we have a long way to go in our own country. I am HIV negative, however I have autoimmune diseases and because of this I was unable to get approved for insurance and had to pay cash for many years for blood tests, MRIs, etc. Also, I was on the boarder where I wasn't quite "poor" enough for assistance or clinics, yet I certainly wasn't in a position to pay for the full cost. Ultimately I went about two years untreated and got progressively worse.
I am writing because I would very much like opinions on my paper topic - whether or not the US should provide care for AIDs treatment in South Africa. I will be including these opinions in my paper, however it will be annonymous..I will word it based on how many responses I receive..for instance, I will say "I surveyed X amount of people, some of which have HIV/AIDs or have a family member with HIV/AIDs, or other conditions, and a majority felt that...this or that..." Something along those lines, but I will not be including any names or personal details - if you request for me to, then I would and of course, show the paper to you first, but my main intention is to get some feedback on the topic to help get the point across - on both sides since I am in the middle with my opinion.
Thank you!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* medical treatment, insurance, etc NicoleRose 11/27/10 02:07 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1836

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement