Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Past Forums (read only) >> Myths About HIV/AIDS

rlimbo

Reged: 10/20/06
CDC's "HIV per 10,000 expoaures"...old statistics?
      10/21/06 04:58 PM

I haven't been able to find the "per 10,000 exposures" table on theCDC website, just references to those statistics, which doesn't say when the statistics were published.

If HIV is an non-contagious as it is, how is it such a problem, especially in Africa? Are there any newer studies than the CDC's that are more accurate? I've even heard that HIV is 1/6 for catching from women to men, just like Russian Roullette with a 6-shooter.

Certain factors are said to increase infectioussness as much as 20 times, like acute infection. Wouldn't those "wildcards" contribute to a significant number of HIV cases, and get thrown in to the "per 10,000" statistics?

So coukdn't we assume that the "per exposure" rate of someone with no std's, and when the HIV-Positive partner is not in "acute infection" stage would be much lower than what the CDC states as "average number"?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* CDC's "HIV per 10,000 expoaures"...old statistics? rlimbo 10/21/06 04:58 PM
. * Re: CDC's "HIV per 10,000 expoaures"...old statist Anonymous   12/08/06 07:49 PM
. * Re: CDC's "HIV per 10,000 expoaures"...old statist Anonymous   01/14/07 08:26 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12059

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement