Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Past Forums (read only) >> HIV/AIDS in the Military

Rochelle
Regular

Reged: 01/31/10
Re: Tested + for HIV int the Air Force back in 1986
      07/26/10 07:03 AM

Survivor:

It is sad what happened to you, but apparently in 1986 with the disease still being relatively new, ignorance was more prevalent than it is now, even though it still exists.

I joined a company in 1987 and a manager died of AIDS two months after I started work.

A few days ago, the former CEO of the company told me some horrifying stories about the way this woman was treated before she died of what is believed to be mental stress/depression.

When she went to restuarants, dishes she was served in were destroyed before she left. Hairdressers would throw combs and bruses away that were used on her hair, co-workers shunned her and no longer allowed her in social settings. She was made to leave her own home!

I am not a military person, but I can understand your hurt. Have you ever approached the military about this? Have you checked on the change or lack of change in their policies so that the practice can discontinue.

Maybe you should let them know that six months has passed many times and you are still here.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Tested + for HIV int the Air Force back in 1986 survivor65 07/25/10 08:34 PM
. * Re: Tested + for HIV int the Air Force back in 1986 bartlebyAdministrator   07/26/10 03:07 PM
. * Re: Tested + for HIV int the Air Force back in 1986 Rochelle   07/26/10 07:03 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5525

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement