The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> HIV/AIDS in the Military

mmiranda
Unregistered

Marine Corps Policies and Procedures for HIV 6/11/1991
      04/20/06 06:23 AM

Greetings! I have found actual policy information concerning HIV from the Marines Corps. You must have Acrobat Reader to view. You may go to the link:

http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/bc9ae2674a92558d852569140064e9d8/b1b24153c434acfb85256d6b005f55b3?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,HIV

I was very suprised when I did a Directive search for HIV and 1991 is the only year a directive was ordered with no updates!!! I must warn the reader that the information presented in this directive is very obsolete. Case in point, the only medicine listed for treatment was AZT!

The pdf's title is Commander's Guide to HIV. This link is only being provided as a reference point and should not be taken as absolute. Policies are in constant flux. Please exercise caution and common sense when inquiring about protocol to your CO. You can always remain anoyomous and go to the Office for Civil Rights - HIPAA website at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/ for more information.

Chapter 1 - Medical & Epidemiological Evidence p6
Chapter 2 - Testing Policy for the Marine Corps p13
Chapter 3 - Counseling HIV Positive AD Members p22
Chapter 4 - Counseling HIV Positive Marine Corps Reservists p27
Chapter 5 - HIV Education Programs for the Marine Corps p34

I hope this information is useful to somebody out there. If you need more assistance, feel free to contact me at mmiranda415@hotmail.com

Good luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Marine Corps Policies and Procedures for HIV 6/11/1991 mmiranda 04/20/06 06:23 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5702

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement