Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: World Aids Day
      12/07/13 04:48 PM

There is a "World Day ..." for everything, Cancer is in February, Diabetes in November, Heart day in September. Almost all medical conditions have their day ... a day of reflection, awareness and a certain degree of celebration towards research and medical advances. They are days not to glorify the condition more than to give a chance to recognise it's existance, a chance for people to understand it more instead of leaving it in the shadows of those that "have" it!

I do agree that "anniversary" should be a recognition of celebration, like a wedding, a business or such. A death of a person, I don't know how to address that, day of remembrance I would think. Like Remembrance Day in Canada or Veterans Day in the US. To honour and remember those that have went on but have not been forgotten.

World Aids Day, as all other medical days though, should not be recognised as an Anniversary, but more a day of awareness. A day for people to stop and understand the condition, get aware of it, reduce stigma, realise that it's there and effects everyone, it's not something that is someone elses issue ... that it can infact be within your life or your family or your circle of friends.

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* World Aids Day lilfshrmn 12/01/13 07:20 AM
. * Re: World Aids Day DJlavis   12/02/13 01:39 AM
. * Re: World Aids Day riverprincessModerator   12/07/13 02:24 PM
. * Re: World Aids Day iam1   12/16/13 09:28 PM
. * Re: World Aids Day anotherday   12/07/13 04:48 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1548

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3