Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: HIV Support Group in Greensboro
      11/11/13 12:57 PM

I have to agree, with most everyone wanting to keep a lid on to a certain degree regarding disclosure, I find around this city it's kept very hush hush. The organization we have here is a drop-in resource center, which is good, but it has such short hours one cannot get to it even for assistance. Monday to Friday 8-5 and closed from 12-1, how can anyone access that! What's the point? I would like to see an evening drop in atleast once a week or once a month, just for that get to chat awhile feeling.

It's funny because the Gay Pride center here is open most evenings, have a weekly pot-luck dinner, regular drop in meetings in the evening ... the list goes on! You mention HIV there though, to have an HIV night or something and it goes silent, like you hear a pin drop.

Stigma maybe, fear probably ... it's funny because the Walk for Life in September had a great turn-out, very open to the public, no stigma or anything ... then comes setting up a group and there's an echo in the room.

Good luck with the Greensboro group, please give details on successes with any of the organisations so that maybe the rest of us can start to fashion things in our communities and get more people talking!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV Support Group in Greensboro osomenor 11/01/13 10:19 AM
. * Re: HIV Support Group in Greensboro iam1   11/03/13 01:58 PM
. * Re: HIV Support Group in Greensboro riverprincessModerator   11/01/13 06:47 PM
. * Re: HIV Support Group in Greensboro anotherday   11/11/13 12:57 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1410

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3