The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)...
      10/22/13 09:12 PM

WayneD is correct in that you SHOULD get out into the sun. It's been proven that sunlight helps a person to feel better both mentally and physically.

Another VERY important thing you have to do is talk with somebody. Not just sit down in an exam room and mention it. You probably need a good counselor you can sit down with and discuss what your pains are. I'd recommend your case manager at your HIV clinic to start with. You'll probably have to schedule a time to do it, but mental health can be as important as physical health. MAKE THE TIME FOR YOURSELF!!!

We're getting into gray areas. Many of us are still living with HIV for many years. We're the first. There are no studies to reference. We're it. The medical field is learning what some of the longterm survivor issues are from us. There are many studies ongoing trying to look into the field to find out how people with HIV are aging. It's starting to look like "gracefully" isn't at the top of the list.

I was talking with one of my case managers (a new lady to HIV care) last week and brought up the subject of suicide. I told her I'm not in the best of health. If I were to die suddenly I'd be comfortable with the feeling that I have lived a good life. But, I am in NO way ready to shuffle off this mortal coil. I want to stick around and give it good to people who I think need to be put into their place. I've got another 15 or 20 years minimum to go. Beware of me. I've got a brain, and I'm NOT afraid to use it!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Observation (tell me if you disagree)... southsam7 10/14/13 04:31 AM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... iam1   10/22/13 09:12 PM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... WayneD   10/18/13 06:39 AM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... anotherday   10/15/13 11:24 PM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... riverprincessModerator   10/14/13 07:37 PM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... lovableo   10/14/13 04:32 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1868

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3