Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)...
      10/15/13 11:24 PM

I would like to shed some light on this topic as I too had once troubling thoughts of suicide and just being finished with life. The key that southsam mentions is "mental illness", I always consider this to be the blanket diagnosis since mental issues are all closely related yet very different in each aspect.

As southsam mentioned it affects the social life and career, well that is a sign that the pain and fatigue is draining the mental capacity to actually enjoy those aspects. So it would be hard to define it as NOT being mental illness even though it is the mind that is pursuing the thoughts of "ending it all" because of some situation or ailment that is mentally challenging to deal with!

So of course mentioning this to a doctor or therapist they will give the blanket diagnosis in an effort to admit to further investigate the root of the feelings, since the feeling of physical pain is not what is triggering the suicidal thought but the mind! So the actual "psychological evaluation" will infact answer the question "why?" once they can determine the suicidal thoughts!

It does infact though take triggers to start the "check out" thoughts. I suffered from pain, fatigue, frustration and just plain llittle everyday things that kept triggering the thoughts of what would be the easiest way to deal with it all, checking out! I turned to alcohol to realign my thinking every day, the issues were still there upon sobering up slightly, I planned in detail ways to "check out", but the timing never came together. Mental illness ... okay maybe sounds a bit dramatic, but it is the easiest blanket description to use until the root of the issues are resolved!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Observation (tell me if you disagree)... southsam7 10/14/13 04:31 AM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... iam1   10/22/13 09:12 PM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... WayneD   10/18/13 06:39 AM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... anotherday   10/15/13 11:24 PM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... riverprincessModerator   10/14/13 07:37 PM
. * Re: Observation (tell me if you disagree)... lovableo   10/14/13 04:32 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1832

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3