Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Happy Thanksgiving - Canadians-
      10/11/13 10:52 PM

Well another Thanksgiving weekend is upon us here in Canada, another summer season well stored away and memories entered into video libraries or scrapbooks. It's at this time of year that many give thanks for a bountiful harvest, family and friends, their health and well being ...

This has been a year of enlightenment for me, as most who have read my previous posts and know me on this site. This was the year that I was diagnosed with HIV, the year I gave up drinking, the year I found myself. I changed because of a number of factors, HIV being one of them, I embraced it and made it my own ... one of the many tools to really reflect and see who I was and how I want to be!

As I, and many other Canadians, this Thanksgiving long weekend sit down to turkey dinner with all the trimmings ... let us be thankful that we are still here, that research has made HIV not the big nasty it once was. That we have courage now to face this and family to support us and encourage us forward. Be thankful for the change it has done to us, if you are one of the lucky one's who accepted it as a catalyst for change.

In this forum this weekend, share what you are thankful for (HIV related or not) ... and we will do this again in November when we celebrate Thanksgiving the US way. Take the opportunity to smile at someone, bring a smile to someone ... share in our thanks to whatever or whoever keeps our little speck of dirt spinning in space.

Most important be thankful that we are here, that we are surviving, that we are heading into the very busy holiday season and that we be safe and really enjoy how far we've come, who we are and who we are with.

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Happy Thanksgiving - Canadians- anotherday 10/11/13 10:52 PM
. * Re: Happy Thanksgiving - Canadians- mark4586lopez   10/17/13 09:56 AM
. * Re: Happy Thanksgiving - Canadians- lilfshrmn   10/12/13 04:17 PM
. * Re: Happy Thanksgiving - Canadians- Cristian   10/11/13 11:04 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 965

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3