Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Let's all talk
      09/08/13 03:32 PM

I have to admit I've spent the last few days feeling really disappointed and heartbroken.

The other day I had to ban a HIV+ user, because they allowed their outrage over someone's else suffering to get the better of them. Sending a rather hurtful and demeaning response to another HIV+ user through private message. Everyone can stop gasping it wasn't PeaceandLove. Anyway right after I did ban this other user I reported myself to the site admin. To let them decide if it was the right call or not. I knew I had feelings about it and that those feelings may have clouded my judgement so I had no issue with explaining my reasons and presenting the evidence to back up my claims. Still doesn't mean I didn't feel awful and it has kept me up at night for having to do it.

To my dislike I then had to deal with another incident where another user had issue with another over their lack of sensitivity. NO, again not talking about PeaceandLove. After 4 emails that was resolved. Plus I had to answer 3 other messages each with their own back and forth responses for people terrified that they may have been infected. Each time putting my need of just having a relaxing weekend on the back burner.

Then we have PeaceandLove and the whole mess with who is more/less sensitive. So since I have received several messages from him and from other users complaining about the shit storm he decided to stir up let me give everyone the opportunity to see the larger picture here. Then if you would love to have my job as moderator feel free to report me and vie for the position yourself if you believe you can do a better job.

New2this2010 post was insensitive, I will freely admit that. Was it cruel with intent, absolutely not. New2This2010 is an HIV+ user that has been here even longer than PeaceandLove and myself. New2This, also has posted many times with personal and relevant observations from his perspective as to how he deals with and sees his status. Are they wrong, maybe, but I can only judge if they are wrong for me, that's it.

When he posted his thoughts and concerns and what he understands about his own virus and what it means to him, he forgot what it might mean to someone else. Something we are ALL guilty of.

Peaceandlove demonstrated with tenacious fury that we are all guilty of it when he told New2this to take a hike because of the perceived insensitivity. Then proceeded to tell everyone what he thinks of this site, it's users, and it's moderators, never once giving a thought that the op was looking for support here, because they weren't able to find it anywhere else. Just like himself and New2This. Then proceeded to tell the op what a great life he has with his doctor, never once offering any encouraging words to the op or showing any concern that they may not have the same opportunities as himself.

So if I deleted one for being insensitive I would have to delete the other. Which I am sure beyond a shadow of a doubt would have been seen as me picking on Peaceandlove because he believes I have nothing better to do with my day than figure out new ways of pissing him off.

So if any of you would love to just report me, (Like they don't watch the boards anyway) to a site admin, please do so without inciting others or threatening to do so. It gets old and you look like a spoiled selfish brat when you send message after message telling me what you are going to do.

If anyone would like to take a second to take a deep breath and maybe actually learn to be accepting of what others are going through and my god maybe realize you all have something in common, you might find that everyone has a unique story and those stories can be both heartbreaking and uplifting and dare I say it....You may find that is all you need to worry about is life and how you choose to see it. And even worse you may find out that we are all human.

So if you anyone would like to discuss this with me or would like to just vent I ask that they do so respectfully, without insulting, without demeaning, and most of all with an open heart that every single person here today expected when they signed up for this site. You get back what you put forward.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Let's all talk kicker 09/08/13 03:32 PM
. * Re: Let's all talk riverprincessModerator   09/08/13 07:47 PM
. * Re: Let's all talk kicker   09/08/13 08:30 PM
. * Post deleted by Becky AIDS2HIV   09/09/13 08:40 PM
. * Re: Let's all talk kicker   09/10/13 10:25 AM
. * Re: Let's all talk riverprincessModerator   09/10/13 05:54 PM
. * Post deleted by Becky AIDS2HIV   09/10/13 11:07 AM
. * Re: Let's all talk notinterested   09/10/13 04:23 PM
. * Re: Let's all talk kicker   09/10/13 11:13 AM
. * Re: Let's all talk kicker   09/10/13 11:41 AM
. * Post deleted by Becky AIDS2HIV   09/10/13 11:45 AM
. * Re: Let's all talk kicker   09/10/13 12:02 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1801

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3