Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Ninjawife

Reged: 07/29/13
Memory Issues?
      09/01/13 04:36 PM

I feel bad that I don't post here more often, but life has been so busy since my husband got out of the hospital it seems like the only time I have on the computer is when we are searching for an answer!

Today we decided to take some time together just the two of us and do something fun. We decided we wanted to go to the zoo, something we had done as a second date. The first sign of trouble was when he asked me for directions to the zoo. We both grew up in this town our whole lives and he could get there with his eyes closed normally. As we wandered around the zoo I started talking about that first time. It's a favorite conversation between us, he teases me that I rode him on the second date because he crawled into a giant turtle shell recreation and I sat on the top for a picture. He couldn't recall any of it. He didn't know where we were or recognize anything. On the way home I caught him staring at the duck ponds with the swan paddle boats. That is another favorite memory for us, it was a fourth of July date that meant a lot to both of us. He had just talked about that day two days ago. He couldn't remember it!

He can remember things about his childhood and how to get to our house. He remembers who I am and which key operates the front door lock. But his memory of the last two years is extremely spotty! It's scary and upsetting for us both to experience. Is this something that is normal for someone like him? The doctors all say he is doing wonderfully, his CD4 count has tripled since he was first diagnosed and his viral load is almost to undetectable levels. He should be getting better but this is something so new that we don't know whether it is just part of his recovery or something we should be really worried about!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Memory Issues? Ninjawife 09/01/13 04:36 PM
. * Re: Memory Issues? iam1   09/03/13 09:20 PM
. * Re: Memory Issues? mark4586lopez   09/03/13 12:39 PM
. * Re: Memory Issues? bscottmatt   09/02/13 03:28 PM
. * Re: Memory Issues? anotherday   09/01/13 04:53 PM
. * Re: Memory Issues? riverprincessModerator   09/01/13 09:32 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 969

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3