Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: Just my thought for today
      08/21/13 01:50 PM

I'm sorry you had the panic attacks. I've come to accept openly other people's telling me how they feel and trying to sympathize with them. But, still I laughed. Not at you, but at what I see as your focal point for the attack. (Having aspergers gives it an entirely different light.) I often tell people that if they fall I WILL laugh, but at the same time I'm going to be reaching over to help them up.

What I've been trying to tell people for many years is that HIV is nothing more than an infection. It's rarely referred to that way. A pandemic. A plague. A curse from on high. People seem to want to call it anything other than what it actually is - HIV is a virus. The virus gets into the body. HIV has infected the body.

I go to my local wound clinic. Been going for years for a recurring issue. Long story short what I have isn't a "wound" in my eyes. It's barely more than a small sore. But, if I don't go it'll get much worse rapidly. So, twice a week I go and see the wonderful nurses and doctors there.

One thing I made sure of when I filled out the paperwork when I first started going was to let them know I AM HIV+. It's important to let them know what medications I'm taking, so there aren't problems with anything they may need to prescribe (and I have been on some rather nasty meds not for the HIV).

You know what your problem is with waiting? (I am a professional waiter (not the table server type). You have an active mind and need stimulation. Whenever you have to go someplace there's the slightest possibility that you'll have to wait take something to occupy your time - a book to read, a puzzle book (there are literally thousands on the market of all types), a yo-yo, your smart phone with a game downloaded, stationary to write to all those people who have been waiting for that thank-you note for the present you got for your 10th birthday, knitting.

I'm sorry for the head cold, too. I usually get a cold every June. Thus far this Summer nothing. NOT complaining! But, you will get over it and continue to live. It won't be pleasant going through it, but that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. HIV hasn't killed me in 25 years. I think I'm about the strongest person on this planet!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just my thought for today kicker 08/20/13 02:39 PM
. * Re: Just my thought for today riverprincessModerator   08/21/13 04:02 PM
. * Re: Just my thought for today iam1   08/21/13 01:50 PM
. * Re: Just my thought for today lilfshrmn   08/20/13 09:46 PM
. * Re: Just my thought for today notinterested   08/20/13 11:40 PM
. * Re: Just my thought for today kicker   08/21/13 11:48 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 877

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3