Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Daddy_Bearby

Reged: 07/29/09
Loc: Alabama
Re: Roommates
      07/03/13 01:34 PM

Well Trav I for one can't really comment about this other than my own personal experiences thus far in life so here goes .
I was not given a choice when I got my poz diagnosis because my ever loving husband was holding my hand in the hospital room when the news came down from the mountain as was my mother who refused to leave when she was asked to do so so I had no choice in the matter ( I was admitted thru the er because I had developed a bad case of pcp which I thought was a simple case of walking pneumonia ) .
Upon our 17th anniversary my husband knew of my family back ground and my love of military things had me a military style dawg tag made with the simple words of HIV POZ engraved on it so I just show people if and when they ask never having to offer an explanation should the topic arise .
Well said military dawg tag was seen (when I had a nasty fall coming from a hotel room down the steps from the second story where said room was and it had rained the night before ) and I was notified that my id Dr at the clinic I was utalizing for hiv/aids care had been notified so if the just in case scenario had to be played out upon my release from the hospital I had been admitted to since the hotel staff thought I might have had a concussion due to said fall incident .
Therefore just having some thing that could be seen as part of your jewlery might be the way to go for such a just in case case and no I don't think that if you have a roomie they need to know unless you want them to because once u inform them there is no way of controling who they tell since you admitted the fact to them unless you actualy go as far as to present them with a non disclosure agreement so it stops with them from retelling ( ok blabling to those they speak to since hiv/aids is one thing that is a NEED TO KNOW item I think ) about your poz status which in most cases people will not go as far as to do .

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Roommates Trav 06/19/13 04:50 PM
. * Re: Roommates Daddy_Bearby   07/03/13 01:34 PM
. * Re: Roommates anotherday   06/20/13 11:12 AM
. * Re: Roommates Trav   06/20/13 07:12 PM
. * Re: Roommates riverprincessModerator   06/19/13 10:46 PM
. * Re: Roommates Trav   06/20/13 07:08 PM
. * Re: Roommates riverprincessModerator   06/20/13 08:14 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1991

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3