Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

GemineyeSF

Reged: 07/01/13
Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week
      07/01/13 04:52 PM

Forgive me for being so specific but... is anybody around 50 years old, positive for...well at least more than a decade and still working your butt off at a very demanding job?

A lot of things kinda hit all at once for me a couple of years ago: 1) I found a husband and the same time 2) I got a promotion requiring a much larger investment of time and energy which left me with little time to 3) keep up an exercise regimen and 4) to continue to do the amount of volunteer work I was typically doing.

I'm just at a point right now where I am getting really depressed because I don't have the energy to do much any more other than work and go home to veg on the couch with the hubby. I know that's what most of America does anyway...but it is really depressing me. Pride was just yesterday and I truly just did not have the energy to invest in the day. We did go to the event even though I didn't volunteer...but we were home early and I was so tired I was asleep more than an hour before my usual bed time.

I'm sorry to make this into a pity party...but I'm just so frustrated. My viral load is well controlled and has been for longer than 10 years. I was taking testosterone but it wasn't doing anything for my energy level. I take vitamins, workout when I can (but not nearly like I used to).

I just keep hearing the stories about how with viral suppression you can expect to live nearly as long as your HIV negative counterparts. But I feel like I am living a half life.

Anybody physically working more than 40 hours a week and struggling with every thing else? Any suggestions/ideas for making things better/reducing the fatigue?

I'm hoping someone here can relate. Of my other 50 year old friends, those who are negative can't relate...they wonder why I flake so much these days "Come on, you can sleep later!"; those who are positive mostly seem to be working part time or on disability...so they can relate to the fatigue but they aren't putting in the hours and effort I am...and those who are positive and working a full time job are at least 10 years younger than I am...and I remember those days well, working two jobs and still volunteering.

I don't want to take for an answer: You're positive and you are aging. There has got to be a way to help with this fatigue.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week GemineyeSF 07/01/13 04:52 PM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week Chris07   07/11/13 08:23 PM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week cybersecretary   02/04/14 03:56 AM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week iam1   07/10/13 01:17 AM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week ChrisHd   07/08/13 12:15 PM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week johnrobertplum   07/07/13 07:00 PM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week anotherday   07/04/13 01:21 AM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week lilfshrmn   07/03/13 06:12 PM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week riverprincessModerator   07/04/13 09:13 PM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week jeannie10   07/03/13 01:16 PM
. * Re: Fatigue and working 40+ hours a week riverprincessModerator   07/01/13 08:51 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5685

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3