Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: just extremely mad right now
      06/27/13 11:37 AM

A normal will come, it always does. I've been positive since Feb/13, not long at all really, but I was a lucky one and I took it in stride. I know someday it will probably hit me like a brick wall but I really never went through an angry, "why me", stage ... all I knew was that I was feeling "not right" physically, my depression was out of control, caused me to quit work, started living in my bedroom then when it came time to find another job, well, the need to see the doctor to find out why I was feeling "not right" caused me to go for some test ... and guess what!!!
I was already aware that medical advances were way ahead of where they were 20 years ago, so I assumed the doctor would take care of things, which they have, I have an amazing team. I saw myself dying, being sick, but they assured me, it's not all that bad ... since diagnosis and meds I had two major cold/flu bugs pass through me and I paniced a little but surprisingly they passed. I miss the odd day of work because I am just too tired to move but that's because my cd4 count is still quite low, but since meds on April 1 I have went from 410,000+ VL to undetectable, doctor was smiliing so I guess that's a good thing!
Make some plans, short trip or road trip, nothing big, get out of the house with the kids, start rebuilding your realtionship with your husband (who you have all the right in the world to be mad at), he owes you big time and he best walk on egg-shells for awhile.
I know it is hard to side track anger and stress, but do try please, since meds I do not stress at all for any reason (and I have some big reasons I could be flipping out on), but it's not worth it, because your health is way more valuable then stressing!
Don't be confused with illness, your body will change now and it will tell you things, but keep in mind your doctor is there, this forum is here, there are people to answer questions or atleast relate to and tell you we've been there!
Just always know that HIV is really an unwanted guest in our lives, we didn't invite it, so don't ever let it run your life. Take control, find your normal, might be slightly different then the normal you knew, but it's a time to rebuild, reinvent, take some of you before HIV and add it to you after HIV ... and a very strong, determined, wonderful person will emerge.
Until then though, just yell and scream and freak right out, as newly diagnosed HIV people, we deserve that!!!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* just extremely mad right now tippytu 06/26/13 09:08 PM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now Daddy_Bearby   07/03/13 01:13 PM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now Furtail   07/03/13 07:09 AM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now jeannie10   07/03/13 08:09 AM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now Cristian   06/27/13 12:02 AM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now anotherday   06/26/13 09:28 PM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now tippytu   06/26/13 10:37 PM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now anotherday   06/27/13 11:37 AM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now tippytu   06/27/13 01:09 PM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now crabmanModerator   06/27/13 09:35 AM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now tippytu   06/27/13 01:12 PM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now anotherday   06/28/13 01:38 AM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now philfromoz   06/27/13 04:58 AM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now jeannie10   07/03/13 08:15 AM
. * Re: just extremely mad right now riverprincessModerator   06/29/13 11:49 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4012

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3