The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

hivstudent

Reged: 04/27/13
Hey guys :)
      04/27/13 04:57 PM

Hello everyone I am 21 years old medicine student I have tested positive recently! and I have never had any intercourse not protected nor un-protected. the most I have had was a long "making out" session with someone with a healing cold sore. and I contracted mononucleosis at that time. I believe this is the only risky and potential exposure I have had. but lets not go backward and lets focus on what is important and what I am inspired to do. I am a 3rd year medicine student, studying somewhere in eastern europe. since I ever tested positive for EBV and I am passionate for infectious diseases and all that relates to this clinical field and now that I have tested positive for HIV I am really into practicing HIV/AIDS medicine. I have made my researches and I believe I can practice medicine in the USA lawfully being HIV+ , since that was my dream from the beginning. my fears now are that I would be expelled or deported from my university and the country I am studying in. and I am already seeking for options. and what I am trying to know is if there is ANY scholarships granted for HIV + international med student in the USA. or any sponsorship for medical aspirant and a student with a well-targeted goal and a motivated horizons.
Or scholarships and grants for HIV/AIDS medicine residency/specialty programs.
Like this is all I want, I want to be able to help people that go through what I am going through! and I need my opportunity to prove that, to prove it somewhere where I can be defined and heard. not in my home country where I can be harmed or even discriminated against for being gay or with HIV!
so I would love it if someone could help me with this!
Thank you very much
best regards!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hey guys :) hivstudent 04/27/13 04:57 PM
. * Re: Hey guys :) Randy69   05/02/13 03:34 PM
. * Re: Hey guys :) riverprincessModerator   04/28/13 12:01 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 741

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3