Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

zendo

Reged: 03/16/13
No Friends
      03/16/13 06:55 PM

I've became pos in 2010 at age 48. I'm now 51 yo. Of course I was shocked and just could not understand how I got HIV. All my life I practice safe sex, with the exception of giving in to doing a BJ on someone-which I firmly believe is how I contracted HIV.

I started meds 1.5 years ago. Atripla on the advice of my PC doctor. -Note he stated that I could wait to start meds if I wanted to. Anyway, I went ahead and got on meds. My numbers were good before the meds. Vl 3000, CD 4 780. Now I'm undetectable VL. I will have my blood work performed in 3 weeks to find out my latest numbers. I 'm a Vet, so I go to the VA here in Atlanta. Anyway. I have no friends and feel very alone. I've only told a few people of my status...no family members. And certainly not my 14 year old kid. I don't want to put a burden of worry on her. I might tell her when she reach 21 years old. I'm worried about getting old-er and who will be there for me. All my life I've been there for others. But now I'm getting tired and lonely and don't know what to do anymore. I'm not even sure if my issue is all about HIV or just could be life in general. I just have no one to talk to. Here in Atlanta, people are very religious and judgmental if you don't fit into their type of person. Anyway, I'm just at a lost as to what to do and ready to give up.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* No Friends zendo 03/16/13 06:55 PM
. * Re: No Friends day   07/02/13 11:45 AM
. * Re: No Friends traceyjr68   04/03/13 12:38 AM
. * Re: No Friends tarapet   03/29/13 04:50 PM
. * Re: No Friends PozCat   03/19/13 06:49 PM
. * Re: No Friends notinterested   03/17/13 12:45 PM
. * Re: No Friends kicker   03/16/13 08:21 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2391

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3