Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

jEm

Reged: 11/20/12
Loc: Michigan, USA
Re: Kaposi Sarcoma---PLEASE HELP
      11/20/12 01:15 PM

hello Invis-NoMore - Sorry to read about your diagnosis. I too, was diagnosed with KS back in April '12 and I am still in the midst of treatment. I've been poz since 2001. I can't comment on if you have full blown AIDS, but your counts are decent, much better than mine. My count in April was 184 and I have been told that anything under 200 usually means full blown. I went back on meds and I am around that number still. (my counts kept dropping) I developed lesions in different places on my body, my left shin, left thigh, some on my shoulder blades, my waist and also in my mouth and nostrils. My oncologist started me right away on chemotherapy and it has greatly reduced all areas. The ones in my mouth and nostrils and on my shoulders have disappeared; the others have reduced in size and color, etc. You won't ever cure this cancer and the best you can work for is to put it in remission. After treament, you will need to keep checking yourself and/or your doctor to ensure no new lesions are appearing. You can live with this and you can beat it. Staying on your meds will be a huge help and keeping your health in check, as any illness will make a difference as well. Stay focused on your health plan, no one else, not even your doctor will do this entirely. You have to jump in and direct your path. I was great concerned, and I still am concerned for the future but there is hope and there are things to aid you in your fight.
Stay positive...ha, no pun intended there, but keeping bright instead of dark does make a difference.
If you'd like to chat sometime, reply to me, we can exchange email addresses and talk.
be well....
jEm

Edited by jEm (11/20/12 01:16 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Kaposi Sarcoma---PLEASE HELP InvisibleNoMore 11/14/12 09:15 PM
. * Re: Kaposi Sarcoma---PLEASE HELP Bryant40   05/26/14 11:56 PM
. * Re: Kaposi Sarcoma---PLEASE HELP jEm   11/20/12 01:15 PM
. * Re: Kaposi Sarcoma---PLEASE HELP InvisibleNoMore   11/20/12 07:55 PM
. * Re: Kaposi Sarcoma---PLEASE HELP jEm   11/22/12 01:49 PM
. * Re: Kaposi Sarcoma---PLEASE HELP PjA   11/16/12 03:06 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4217

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3