HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Neuropathy, anyone?
      09/02/12 11:58 AM

Hi,

I wish everyone well and say thanks to those taking the time to read my inquiry.

I was wondering if any of you are dealing with or have been diagnosed with neuropathy? If so, would you mind sharing what your symptoms are or have been, and if there are any tricks to dealing with it?

I ask because my doctor thinks I am beginning to show signs of HIV-related neuropathy, but she is not sure, because it seems that it's not the easiest thing to concretely diagnose. Since having a cold a few weeks ago, I sometimes wake up at night with tingling in my arms, hands, and shoulders. A couple of these times it has been so bad that I cannot seem to move my hands, and I have to make myself roll over and sit up for a while. After a while sensation and movement returns and the severe tingling subsides. It seems to happen less if I sleep flat on my back. I have also noticed that in the daytime, I get strange sensations of hot and cold on the surface of my legs and arms, and my hands and/or feet sometimes feel kind of itchy. I get up and move around, and things then feel better, but it just feels like something is not right.

About 10+ years ago, I had a repetitive stress injury related to my shoulders, neck, and arms, but I haven't had symptoms in years, since I changed my line of work.

My doc is not 100% sure about this (but definitely suspects it), so I am wanting to hear any of your experiences. As I say, this seemed to start a few weeks ago when I had a pretty bad chest cold, which coincided with the beginning of what has been a blistering heatwave (even by Thailand standards). The cold went away after about a week, without incident and without medications or complications, but now this seems to have picked up. Many of my friends who are negative are complaining about not feeling well from the high heat, so I'm wondering if it could just be that? As you can see, I'm confused about this, and can't find any concrete answers. Any information or insight any of you may have would be much appreciated. I have noticed that cool showers seem to stave off the symptoms for a while, but then the odd sensations come back after a couple hours. Is it just the heat? I'm on the Atripla cocktail - could it just be that mixed with the heat?

Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Neuropathy, anyone? Pos_in_Thailand 09/02/12 11:58 AM
. * Re: Neuropathy, anyone? - UPDATE Pos_in_Thailand   09/19/12 09:28 PM
. * Re: Neuropathy, anyone? alive2   09/02/12 02:01 PM
. * Re: Neuropathy, anyone? Pos_in_Thailand   09/02/12 08:44 PM
. * Post deleted by Becky AIDS2HIV   09/10/12 12:59 PM
. * Re: Neuropathy, anyone? Pos_in_Thailand   09/13/12 11:03 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2494

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3