The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

hellfire

Reged: 10/04/05
Loc: fl
i cant understand how people can be so hateful...
      08/06/12 10:17 PM

i was diagnosed 7yrs ago.. rumors swirled around work about why i was out for so long. along with losing a pregnancy & then being diagnosed HIV+ i lost about 30lbs. so when i returned to work after 6weeks, i was thin. very very thin & then the rumors started. i quickly gained weight & life resumed to normal. no more rumors, no more speculation. i was just out for an unknown reason. so here we are 7yrs... i work with 2 of the most hateful women to ever walk the planet earth. theyre gossipy, rude & just mean. one of them took it upon themselves to start the HIV gossip up again, but this time ading that she doesnt feel sorry for me & that i deserved HIV. WTF?! she didnt just tell one person, or 2 people... she told a multitude of people & it got back to me. While im not ashamed of my status, its not anyones business at work any medical condition i have. I disclose my status to who needs to know & my close personal friends - outside of work. i was so mortified... i was angry.. i was hurt. not just that she felt the need to gossip about her speculation that she heard from someone else, but the fact that she said i deserved it. how dare she. i went to my manager in tears... not only do i wonder how many people she told, but i have to look at these people everyday. i have to sit there knowing that they are all wondering & talking about the "threat" i pose to them. part of me wants to curl up & die, but the bigger part of me wants to stand up & fight. it has taken me years of self doubt, of being scared & fighting with my own inner demons, wondering what i did to deserve this... ive finally come to peace with my status, ive finally accepted it & im in a good place... only to have someone knock me down & feel like im a horrible person. like this is a punishment. my employer takes a very strong stand on workplace hostility & are extreme advocates of not discriminating for any reason. do i let it go? or do i stand & fight? do i take a stand & say its not ok to say things like that... its not ok to gossip & be hateful...

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* i cant understand how people can be so hateful... hellfire 08/06/12 10:17 PM
. * Re: i cant understand how people can be so hateful... crabmanModerator   08/08/12 09:01 AM
. * Re: i cant understand how people can be so hateful... iam1   08/08/12 12:06 AM
. * Re: i cant understand how people can be so hateful... notinterested   08/08/12 01:40 PM
. * Re: i cant understand how people can be so hateful... hellfire   08/09/12 10:10 PM
. * Re: i cant understand how people can be so hateful... Pos_in_Thailand   09/02/12 02:11 AM
. * Re: i cant understand how people can be so hateful... karmachi   08/07/12 06:46 PM
. * Re: i cant understand how people can be so hateful... riverprincessModerator   08/10/12 01:00 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3401

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3