Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Vauban

Reged: 05/28/12
Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby?
      05/30/12 03:39 PM

Absolutely not. You are being honest! Of course most doctors especially shrinks will want to attribute your tiredness to depression which may or may not be the case. HIV, the medication we take and our chronic immune activation ( or immune dysregulation) can also cause a chronic fatigue syndrome.-which we know virtually nothing about. The BIG problem for us is when we must go on disability and having to prove to social security and our private insurance companies that we physically and mentally can't do ANY job what so ever. Disability based on depression is a tough one to sell. Emphasize the physical manifestations of your situation-chronic fatigue, short and long term memory issues, problems concentrating, sleep disturbances, muscle weakness, etc (if you have these symptoms that is). Also consult a disability lawyer if your situation warrants it. As a final note HIV for me is not a chronic manageble disease rather it is a living hell but I'm not about to give up. Good luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? virginmary 04/06/12 07:17 AM
. * Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? leathercublon   05/30/12 07:59 PM
. * Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? Vauban   05/30/12 03:39 PM
. * Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? messki678   04/26/12 02:23 AM
. * Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? Lngisme   04/12/12 02:24 PM
. * Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? cm82391   04/06/12 05:35 PM
. * Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? riverprincessModerator   04/08/12 08:48 PM
. * Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? estanoche   04/13/12 12:33 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4620

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3