Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

cm82391
Regular

Reged: 03/08/12
Loc: Reno NV
Lost and Confused.
      03/08/12 01:19 AM

So, I would say that technically, yes...I'm "Newly Diagnosed". I've known for a little over a month now, but it seems like AGES since finding out. My doctor has been really great about everything, trying to make me feel as comfortable as possible...but I feel like its not enough.

They started me out on meds almost immediately because she said its not as common to find someone who's been infected so recently and that people don't usually find out for years.

Before finding out, I showed no symptoms, but now that I'm on meds (Truvada, Norvir, Reyataz) I just feel so symptomatic!
Its probably just side effects and what not, but I also feel like a lot of it could be in my head.

Everyday I feel lost and confused and almost like I'm in a dream that I can't wake up from. I try really hard to stay optimistic, but with my next blood draw not until the end of this month, then having to wait till mid April to hear anything just makes me worry.

I guess what I'm getting at is, does anyone else have any experience with this kind of mentality? Was it difficult to cope with when you first found out?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Lost and Confused. cm82391 03/08/12 01:19 AM
. * Re: Lost and Confused. riverprincessModerator   03/09/12 07:07 PM
. * Re: Lost and Confused. Pos_in_Thailand   03/09/12 04:07 AM
. * Re: Lost and Confused. DJones   03/08/12 02:24 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1483

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3