Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Clay

Reged: 03/06/12
Just Happy
      03/06/12 04:16 PM

Greetings all! I just came upon this site while doing some research for a school project. I don't hardly ever share any information with others, but I thought it would be kinda cool. I just want to say how grateful I am to alive and sober today. I tested HIV positive in 1985 when I was 25 years old. I believed at that time I was going to die. So, I attempeted to kill myself by using drugs and alcohol for the next 25 years. by the grace of God, I have never had an OI, and still have CD4's in the 600 range. I did have cancer in 2008, but my doctor said it was not HIV related. I thought I would share this with people who may be having a hard time accepting the fact that they are HIV positive. It is not a death sentence, as most you probalby already know. Don't go off the deep edge and use drugs like I did. You may not be as lucky as me as the virus has since mutated several times. I am lucky to not have been reinfected with another strain of the virus. So, keep your heads up, think safe, and be happy. Ciao!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just Happy Clay 03/06/12 04:16 PM
. * Re: Just Happy Cindig   03/15/12 02:01 PM
. * Re: Just Happy riverprincessModerator   03/15/12 05:48 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1093

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3