Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Gio
New User

Reged: 10/26/10
Loc: Atlanta, GA
Seriously!
      08/29/11 10:40 AM

A couple of months ago my ex had an anxiety attack after the death of his best friend. He called me and asked if he could stay with me of course i said yes. During the course of 3 months he discovered that i am HIV+ and asked point blank and i said, yes. We talked and i asked that he please keep this information about me to himself. I would rather be defined by my personality then by the virus. During this time i discover that his best friend passed away from AIDS related infection and now he discovered that another close friend of his is on the edge as well. He became hysterical and cried that the people he cares and loves are dying. I of course became angry and told him "I am not dying"! I asked him questions about his friends and discovered that they were caught early but for one reason or another did not want to begin their medication. For some odd reason they assumed they could beat the virus.. I told him that when individuals gamble and go against thier doctor's advise sometimes they loose. But as far as me dying no! I too was diagnosed early but out of fear of dying began my treatment as prescribed. 1 year later I am UD and T-Cell over 500. I tried explaining this to him... But he insisted that i too will die... From what i gathered is that some medical personal is pretty much misinformed him.. I have asked him to come with me to my doctor appointment and also provided him with this website as well many other resources of course in spanish so he can better understand it... I dont know what else to do or say to assure him that HIV+ do not die it is the fear of not doing anything that kills those who do not accept their new reality....

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Seriously! Gio 08/29/11 10:40 AM
. * Re: Seriously! alive2   09/01/11 06:01 AM
. * Re: Seriously! kicker   08/29/11 11:08 AM
. * Re: Seriously! Gio   08/29/11 02:16 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1789

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3