Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

alive2
Regular

Reged: 03/08/07
how do some not hear the words?
      05/09/11 12:13 AM

happy mothers day everyone.
im not doing well today.yesterday i found out how badly my daughter has been behaving. shes in need of some really big lessons.you see, shes been told about stds , safe sex and she can see through my trials in life what hiv is and the toll i pay trying to live with it. yet she wont listen.
a while back we had the sit down and coversation about sex, and i told her all i could, oping it was correct as well as informitive, but now, i feel she didnt hear a single thing i said. she has been sneaking around and having unprotected sex with guys older than her, and skipping school to do it.
last night(day before mothers day) it all came to light from a freind told my wife about many things she wasnt going to be part of any further. stealing, selling drugs to her uncle(whom i will take care of) i guess her adhd medicine is something an opiate abuser uses,
last night when confronted about all of it, she jumped up and threatened and started to go after my wife. my wife put her down fast, and then i stepped in and made her leave the living room. we had her checked out at hospital , because she threatened to hurt herself.
after leaving and returning home she still is in total denial of the facts, we know with information from a reliable few people and phone records, the details are clear.
you see i feel its my fault, due to the fact i cant be up all the time and be there to oversee her life as well as i wish i could.and i hoped having told her things and her knowledge of hiv through first hand experience would aid the situation to a point the words would sink in.
im so woried how she feels about me, as she told everyone im not her father. i embaress her, and she doesnt need me around bothering her in her choices in life.
im so sick i cant understand what happened, i was beleiving she was doing well.
i am trying to figure it out and im sick to my stomach. i have let down my family, because of all this she will go to a detention center , for her own good.
i have been feeling so run down and lost because of this, not to mention i feel sick the last few weeks because of my nose broken, and just all around cruddy, my back and ankle are hurting. now this on mothers day, wtf. im just worried she will be in this spot for doing just the only thing i ever asked to not to do. all my kids are spoiled, and i go without so they have. was telling her about my situation why she went this rout because shes acting out. it really is taking a toll on my health, kind of makes me want to go tie on a bender so it wont hurt so much.
all in all i feel responcible for all of this because i told her i have hiv, and she isnt phased because she ees all i do is take tons of pills and im still alive, is this disease becoming so common its not threatening anymore that people would subject themselves to this, because they can handle all the things they think they know? a few pills a day no problem? i jus dont get it, for all the things i do for there good its all a waste of time.
and the kicker, shes 15 worried about being pregnant, and doesnt care. wtf did i do wrong?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* how do some not hear the words? alive2 05/09/11 12:13 AM
. * Re: how do some not hear the words? LostNconfused   05/16/11 11:10 PM
. * Re: how do some not hear the words? alive2   05/17/11 01:38 PM
. * Post deleted by Becky AIDS2HIV   05/17/11 03:24 PM
. * Re: how do some not hear the words? alive2   05/18/11 02:19 PM
. * Re: how do some not hear the words? Pos_in_Thailand   05/15/11 01:04 PM
. * Re: how do some not hear the words? crabmanModerator   05/13/11 09:48 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1913

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3