The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

gemini64

Reged: 04/12/11
Re: when some things arent a problem
      04/12/11 11:06 PM

I am so inspired by your positive attitude about your situation and how even the smallest of events have meaning. There are so many people in the world that would view a broken nose as a horrible inconvenience and would belly-ache for days about it. I am currently in limbo with my diagnosis and I am fully prepared to deal with the outcome, regardless of the news. I had an accidental skin exposure during my clinical placement for school in late 2009 and it has taken 15 months for a confirmed diagnosis of syphilis. I have already experienced an episode of neurosyphilis, so my brain has already been affected. My own investigation has revealed that syphilis and HIV are common co-infections. My initial antibodies test was negative, but at this point, I can't leave anything to chance because my partner of 10 years has tested positive for both and his exposure to syphilis and HIV are both recent (within last 6 months). We were separated for over 2 years and only re-united in late summer of 2010. All of the specialized testing and biopsy's confirm that I am in a late secondary stage/early latent, which means I have been infected with syphilis for more than a year. I am awaiting the results of a confirmatory test on the HIV because all other possible routes of transmission have been successfully ruled out. I have been very pro-active in my own diagnosis and the accidental exposure is the only way this could have happened.
I have remained emotionally strong and continue to have a good attitude. I will accept the hand that I am dealt and I will continue to accept whatever "bumps" I encounter along my journey. I am so happy to know that other people appreciate the wonder and beauty in life and don't worry one precious moment of life away. A positive test result will not be life-ending for me and I will continue to live my life in such a way that not a single moment is wasted or viewed as inconvenient or unhappy. Thank you for sharing your inspirational approach, we need other people to read and appreciate that there is much life after a diagnosis. You are definitely an amazing human being.....God Bless

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* when some things arent a problem alive2 04/11/11 11:31 PM
. * Re: when some things arent a problem iam1   04/13/11 04:39 PM
. * Re: when some things arent a problem Pos_in_Thailand   04/13/11 01:34 AM
. * Re: when some things arent a problem gemini64   04/12/11 11:06 PM
. * Re: when some things arent a problem alive2   04/14/11 05:07 AM
. * Re: when some things arent a problem river   04/15/11 01:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2447

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3