Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

anonymousgrrl3

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: maine
Re: newbie needs a friend
      10/28/10 09:52 PM

thank you so much for your response.. you have no idea how helpful you are.i appreciate your ..eh-hem.. humor, and your frankness.i have, in fact, said that to myself in a mirror. and i did cry. i can intellectualy understand this beinga manageable disease. however, emotionally, i feel like i am lightyears away from my peers now. i am dilligent with my meds. they are brutal.. i tried atripla first, i keep reading on here how easy it is for people... i thought it was killing me. now i take 4 pills a day, they are huge (whats the deal with that anyway??).. i am anal about doing it on time, every time.. it is a never ending reminder that i am not normal anymore. as far as me and my partner.. he has a few times tried to broach the subject with me.. i just find myself overcome with guilt, and i cant handle it. he has been mostly supportive to me.. but we are very different and my communication skills(?) or abilities have shrivelled right to nothing.. i have a counselor who works with all HIV clients.. she is OK to talk to.. but i never feel any better at all.. i am frustrated with this being compared to diabetes.. i know about 30 people with diabetes, none of them hide it, they dont have to, no one steps back from a person with diabetes.. no one looks at them like "you're either a slut or a junkie" .. anyways, am sooooo thankful for a place to speak freely like this.. you have no idea.. i need these conenctions..

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* newbie needs a friend anonymousgrrl3 10/25/10 12:25 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend alive2   11/01/10 01:30 AM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend iam1   10/28/10 09:41 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend anonymousgrrl3   10/28/10 09:52 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend DJones   10/28/10 04:32 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend bartlebyAdministrator   10/25/10 02:15 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend anonymousgrrl3   10/25/10 02:29 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend bartlebyAdministrator   10/25/10 02:59 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3124

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3