HIV Life >> Living With HIV

DJones
All Star

Reged: 04/02/09
Loc: Milwaukee Wisconsin
Re: newbie needs a friend
      10/28/10 04:32 PM

Hello
It was interesting to read your post since I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago, January 2009. I had a real rough time for the first 6 months. I then slowly got a bit better mentally. I was in therapy through Milwaukee's ARCW until last April when I felt strong enough to handle the daily 'little voice' telling me I am HIV+. Today I made an appointment again to go back for more counseling. I feel I am on another downward slope. Every day I hear that little voice tell me I am HIV+ and it really starts to pull one down. I can tell you the best thing you can do for yourself is get into some counseling or a group type support. It made the difference for me. I have met some of the best people ever in the last 2 years, people I would be honored to call my best friends. Stay strong and know you are not alone and that your family is not your only family. Family can be what you make them. I get more support from my 'made' family than my biological family. Sad but true. I started a blog the day I found out I was HIV+ and had AIDS. I post almost daily and if you read back to January 7th 2009 to today you can see what I have gone through daily. I am very honest with what is going on in my life. I would also be willing to talk via the phone or email if you need someone to talk with or just listen. My blog link is below this post, and I just won the 2010 AIDS blog award. Stay strong and reach out for your own sanity and mental health.

--------------------
http://daveslifelivingwithhiv.blogspot.com/

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* newbie needs a friend anonymousgrrl3 10/25/10 12:25 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend alive2   11/01/10 01:30 AM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend iam1   10/28/10 09:41 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend anonymousgrrl3   10/28/10 09:52 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend DJones   10/28/10 04:32 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend bartlebyAdministrator   10/25/10 02:15 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend anonymousgrrl3   10/25/10 02:29 PM
. * Re: newbie needs a friend bartlebyAdministrator   10/25/10 02:59 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3122

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3