Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

ComeAlive
New User

Reged: 06/28/10
Need dating advice
      06/28/10 11:25 PM

This is the first time I have participated in any type of forum about HIV. I've been pretty secretive about it, only telling a few select friends that I knew I could trust and I've only told one family member. I found out about a year ago now and I accepted it pretty quick. It is what it is and I believe that fate is inexorable. I've been on Atripla now for the past 4 or so months and have been doing very well with no side-effects other than some weird/freaky dreams lately. I work out often and lead a healthy and active lifestyle. It's almost as if nothing has really changed in my life... Except my love life that is.

I'm a hetero white male in my mid-twenties and where I live, it's pretty damn difficult to tell a girl about my status and have her be ok with it. That is the hardest part about this whole deal. I was dating a very nice and beautiful girl when I found out about my condition and when I opened up to her about it, she decided it was more than she could handle. That was a year ago and I haven't dated since then. Now I just started seeing someone and she seems to really be in to me... But I haven't told her yet. In my mind, I am certain that she will not accept it; I don't know what to do. We've seen eachother 3 times now, and I always feel great at the start but towards the end of our date, I just start to feel like crap. I'm not being honest to her and that isn't right. I don't want to let her get attached to me and then come out with this news... I'd feel like a complete ass, but at the same time I'm afraid. Very afraid. I just don't know what to do. If I told her and she didn't accept it, then I'd be hurt but I would get over it. I feel like this is like the lottery, you just keep playing until you eventually win.

I need some advice here....

Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Need dating advice ComeAlive 06/28/10 11:25 PM
. * Re: Need dating advice NessA610   07/15/10 01:10 PM
. * Re: Need dating advice Jema   06/29/10 06:51 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2194

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3