The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Atheena
Regular

Reged: 02/22/10
Loc: Texas
Re: I need some help - Here is my story.
      05/14/10 04:24 PM

Hi Bartleby,

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. In addition, thank you for the advice. I will try and contact Nelson. I clicked on his picture and followed the links and am reading his story.

I have looked for HIV+ Groups but either they have closed their doors due to attendance or the groups are reaching out more to the GLBT community and really into going out in the public. I am looking for a more closed type of environment. Nevertheless, I will not give up hope and I will keep looking.

I also showed my story to my husband last night since I have never been able to talk to him about it. He was not understanding why I have been so withdrawn and depressed and thought it was just him and that I didnít want to be with him anymore. Funny when you put up the walls and donít communicate how you assume what each other is thinking. After reading my story he is taking on a new look at things and would like to seek the help with me so he can continue to understand. And I will be more open to him so we both know exactly what is going on in each others heads.
I donít think I mentioned this before my husband is still negative today and gets tested on a yearly basis. In the beginning, when I first moved down he was testing every 6 months for 2 years, but that changed to yearly because we are always aware and without fail use protection.

Again thank you for listening = )

Take care of yourself = )
Athena

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I need some help - Here is my story. Atheena 05/13/10 02:25 PM
. * Re: I need some help - Here is my story. Isabella   08/05/10 11:03 AM
. * Re: I need some help - Here is my story. bartlebyAdministrator   05/13/10 04:12 PM
. * Re: I need some help - Here is my story. Atheena   05/14/10 04:24 PM
. * Re: I need some help - Here is my story. torre   06/07/10 07:34 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2913

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3