The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

cdhaileyp7

Reged: 04/22/10
advice needed..
      04/22/10 10:34 PM

Hi. I got infected in 1996 and was confirmed HIV positive in 1997 and was at the same time labeled with Aids. I have been off and on treatments over the years, I have had four children and was on treatments throughout my pregnancies. I have a hard time coping with the side effects of the meds, I noticed that during my pregnancies the side effects did not bother much or even at all. My last baby is two now and I had my tubes cut and tied. I have not been on treatment for two years now, I have tried a few combos but I was not able to tolerate the side effects. The last combo was Kaletra and Truvada, I was on it for a few days and then I started getting some really bad pains in my liver/pancreas area so I quit the meds. I am wondering if it would help for me to try to detoxify my body before trying to start meds again. I drink a lot of sodas and sweets and don't get enough exercise. So I am wondering if I cut out the sodas and sweets as much as possible and start walking daily if that would help with the side effects? and if i start a raw food diet for a couple of weeks, then should i try to get back on the meds? I was also wondering about alternative and complimentary treatments I could do along with the meds. I am really worried because my last t-cells were 124. I would really like to get that number up as much as possible. Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* advice needed.. cdhaileyp7 04/22/10 10:34 PM
. * Re: advice needed.. heal   05/07/10 09:28 AM
. * Re: advice needed.. John_R_SF   04/28/10 02:06 PM
. * Re: advice needed..RE: viewer1977   04/28/10 03:20 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2315

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3