The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

wonderbread

Reged: 02/01/09
Just over a year being HIV +...
      12/20/09 10:46 AM

Well I found out at the end of 2008 that I was HIV+. Since then my CD4 have been around 1000 and my viral load just under 5000 (as of September 09). I am a very lucky guy to have cought it so early on un like so many who don't find out untill much later and more symptems start to appaere. I really haven't talked about it with anyone and have just botled it up. I have told some friends and family but that's about it. I have tried to talk to some friends about it but they can't relate to it and don't realy want to talk about it either (oh "that" as some refer to it). I guess I need to be more proactive in finding a support group and start dealing with it.

Since finding out I have more less shut down. In the early part of this year I kind of went on spending spree and racked up an ungodly amount of dept. I guess it was my way of dealing with it or avoiding it. Somthing to fill the void. I have also been drinking alot too and just trying to numb my self. Though drink has been a problem for me before but more so now as it will greatly impact my health and my desease. Thier are other issues in my life that I need to deal with and I guess over the last years it just becoming more apparent to me and how the drinking is making it wors. I guess I just need to make some decision about what I want to do from here. Keep living they way I am or go out side my comfort zone and make some posative changes. any ways till the next time.....

Wonderbread

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just over a year being HIV +... wonderbread 12/20/09 10:46 AM
. * Re: Just over a year being HIV +... iam1   01/06/10 02:14 PM
. * Re: Just over a year being HIV +... MrJeff   12/29/09 12:52 PM
. * Re: Just over a year being HIV +... estanoche   12/29/09 01:41 AM
. * Re: Just over a year being HIV +... Rollins   12/27/09 06:43 PM
. * Re: Just over a year being HIV +... estanoche   12/29/09 01:33 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3897

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3