HIV Life >> Living With HIV

BrokenWingedBird
Expert

Reged: 11/30/04
Loc: United Kingdom.
Re: Over the Rainbow
      12/18/09 06:13 AM

Hi Charles,

Have just read the excellent long posting on HIV and the Brain on the The Body's main pages and see the link to your articles.

Interesting to hear about your night at the opera.

But what I was most glad to see were your feelings about how acquiring HIV must make us live with a rage and make our dreams into realities! This is so true.

A lot of people have so much nonsense and so many obstructions in their way that they can barely locate their deeply-held dreams. But it is worth clearing the woods, so to speak, to find that trail. Finally making those long-held dreams into a reality is the ONLY fulfilment, I think, and while doing it one feels that when the time comes to say goodbye to life one will KNOW that one has done everything one really wanted to.

Very surprised to hear that nursing homes in California appear to be accepting only the aged healthy! Getting old is, for most people, all about slowly falling apart! It would appear that the people running these homes want to help old people as little as possible - hence they select only those who can give the impression of being totally without "flaw". This is so morally wrong and clearly discriminatory. I would write a careful and strong letter and send it to your state's authorities, bringing their attention to this problem. And maybe feed it to the media as well. People are more interested in such topics these days because the entire population is aging. Science is prolonging EVERYONE'S lives.

Festive greetings to you!

Bird.

--------------------
Without a dream, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Keep hold of your dreams.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Over the Rainbow ScotCharles 12/03/09 05:00 AM
. * Re: Over the Rainbow BrokenWingedBird   12/18/09 06:13 AM
. * Re: Over the Rainbow hopefulone   12/06/09 03:11 PM
. * Re: Over the Rainbow Choosing2Liv   12/04/09 10:21 AM
. * Re: Over the Rainbow ScotCharles   12/05/09 01:39 AM
. * Alternative Therapy SDSoulSeeker   12/03/09 02:11 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5126

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3