HIV Life >> Living With HIV

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Over the Rainbow
      12/05/09 01:39 AM

"We will all get together at the Postmortem Ball" - Lou Reed

I plan to wear the white three piece suit and Nik-Nik shirt I danced the night away in the discos of my youth. I miss all the friends I had in those days who died of AIDS.

Afriend of mine says that he thinks the people who died back then were the lucky ones. What he means is that it is hard duty to live alone with only the ghosts of those who have died for company.

I understand what he is saying as I too live with ghosts of those who have gone. However, life has its own design. In this season of light, I am glad that I survived and have had the gift of 25 years of a full life.

The goal of life is not more life but a more full life. I find it sad that many on this site count the days of their survival but forget that HIV has called us to fill our lives to the fullest. A diagnosis of HIV is not an end but a beginning.

It is not enought to count T cells and viral load and think that is surviving with HIV. We are called to make something of our lives by our HIV status. Joseph Campbell said that we must find our bliss and follow it. He meant that we must find that thing that fills our lives with joy and then do it as best as we can.

Our Bliss can be raising children or growiing a garden indeed anything that gives us joy and fulfillment. I have been blessed that I had a career helping people and learned from my mother the joy of nurturing a garden.

Life is not a ruler measuring out the span of our lives, but a balloon that grows in volume as we breathe into it the air of a life fulfilled.

Pax Vobiscum

Scot Charles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Over the Rainbow ScotCharles 12/03/09 05:00 AM
. * Re: Over the Rainbow BrokenWingedBird   12/18/09 06:13 AM
. * Re: Over the Rainbow hopefulone   12/06/09 03:11 PM
. * Re: Over the Rainbow Choosing2Liv   12/04/09 10:21 AM
. * Re: Over the Rainbow ScotCharles   12/05/09 01:39 AM
. * Alternative Therapy SDSoulSeeker   12/03/09 02:11 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5064

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3