Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years
      09/05/08 01:41 PM

Thanks to all of you for your understanding and care.

A2H was very comforting as I too had to give up driving before I got so angry at a fellow morotist that I chased him down and clubbed him to death with a tire iron. My most frightening episode was with a parking lot attendant at whom I threw a handful of change to pay for my parking and she called the security guard. Since then I don't drive and don't go out without a lot of medication and someone to go with me, it is far too dangerous.

This AIDS dementia is so depressing. I have trouble walking, balancing and tire out after the least effort, like making the bed. Most days, I spend fourteen hours sleeping. The boredom is sometimes beyond bearing. I do enjoy my partner pushing me around in a wheelchair and running interference with those we meet, so I don't lash out at them. I have tried to commit suicide many times in the last few months, but am too much of a Catholic to be serious about it. Thank god for the catechism of an Irish priest and Jesuit guilt.

I am considering some experimental therapy, that may help, but once a brain cell is dead it is gone for good.

Pray for me, friends, as I pray for you. Carpe diem, friends, seize the day, tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Peace and love.

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years ScotCharles 09/03/08 11:38 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years ScotCharles   09/05/08 01:41 PM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years AIDS2HIV   09/09/08 07:45 PM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years Florida69   09/04/08 10:29 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years RevAnn   09/05/08 11:35 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years Bear60   09/04/08 09:09 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years AIDS2HIV   09/04/08 10:15 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years AIDS2HIV   09/04/08 10:16 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years OhTam   09/04/08 10:05 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years cunta_stalwart   09/03/08 12:25 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6321

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3