Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years
      09/04/08 10:15 AM

hey Charles....Welcome to the AIDS related dementia club. I been in it, since they diagnosed me over 3 years ago....

People don't realize what this disease is actually capable of, I see the fear literally make my loved ones walk on eggshells, because I too...have lost control of things like mood, mind,senses,etc. Eeven knowing where I aqm, or who I am ....without any recallection.

It's sad when I catch myself, not realizing what I am doing...to be told of what I did or said. I am one loose canon...

I've always been a hellraiser, but NEVER like I am now, my family gets embarrassed ( & rightfully so) when someone for instance, I get to the checkout,and something rings up different than priced....next thing I know I am asking why they (my wife & kids) are removing me from the store, their answer...."to keep you from going to jail to dad"

and even crazier, any type of mix, of the following: different sounds at same time, sounds and actions..let me give you an example, talking on the telephone, and the kids being in the same room.....9 outta 10 times. I'll hang up, or hand over the phone and go retreat to a diffy room.

there's times when literally a week will pass, and I dont even know it has passed, no recallection, no sense of where I am , or no sense of time.

and the list goes on.....my inability for my brain to no longer function (recall,sort,process,etc) is also...very humbling* I also have these seizure like episodes, my brain kinda just freezes all functions. My lower legs are all scarred up now, from my head telling my foot to raise (as I walk or step) my foot sending back the message it is raised, however it isnt....over I go. also, my equilibrium suffers greatly.

didnt want to litter this happy board with "gloom and doom" as many label it, I call it...a denial of Reality, on their part.

Charles, I have always liked you here, you area stand up guy and dont you let ANYONE tell you otherwise, because in our shoes...they'd do the same, prolly worse*

I want you to know, not only are you NOT alone in this aspect of this disease, You arent thought of, respected, viewed,judged,etc any differently by me simply because of what this disease will do to you

You ever need to talk, send me a PM and I will give ya my number*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years ScotCharles 09/03/08 11:38 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years ScotCharles   09/05/08 01:41 PM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years AIDS2HIV   09/09/08 07:45 PM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years Florida69   09/04/08 10:29 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years RevAnn   09/05/08 11:35 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years Bear60   09/04/08 09:09 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years AIDS2HIV   09/04/08 10:15 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years AIDS2HIV   09/04/08 10:16 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years OhTam   09/04/08 10:05 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years cunta_stalwart   09/03/08 12:25 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6317

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3