Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

OhTam
Regular

Reged: 02/03/06
Loc: Ohio
Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years
      09/04/08 10:05 AM

I don't post too often here usually I just read. For those that don't know, I am aids2hiv's wife.(Eric we finally got married). Anyways, I just want to say Charles we have been dealing with this for quite a while with Co. Sometimes his anger/temper is so bad it scares me. He went from being on Xanax for it to now Valium, which helps for the most part, but now we are facing none of the doctors want to give him that med anymore either because it is a controlled substance. I can totally understand your not being able to control the emotions, mood swings, etc. Co is not allowed to drive or be left alone and having someone come in so I can work would cost more than I would make, so I am his caregiver. He cannot keep track of time nor days more often than not, and forgets the simplest of things. He does not have sensations like hunger so we just have to tell him to eat and make sure he does. There are many other things as well.There are many times without realizing it the anger is directed at me, but that's not his fault, I just happen to be the one here. I am reduced to tears many times over it and I try to remember that he has no control over it. AIDS related dementia can be hard on all of those around you especially the ones you love. I have been told and am going to discuss with the doctors that sometimes the alzheimers meds will help slow the progression, not reverse it but slow it down some. I wish you all the best and hey feel free to blow up anytime its better to do it on here than towards those you love.

--------------------
if it weren't for all the trash in this world we wouldn't need garbage men!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years ScotCharles 09/03/08 11:38 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years ScotCharles   09/05/08 01:41 PM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years Florida69   09/04/08 10:29 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years RevAnn   09/05/08 11:35 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years Bear60   09/04/08 09:09 AM
. * Post deleted by Becky AIDS2HIV   09/04/08 10:15 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years OhTam   09/04/08 10:05 AM
. * Re: I have HIV Associated Dementia after 24 Years cunta_stalwart   09/03/08 12:25 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6623

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3