HIV Life >> Living With HIV

sunflower
Grand Master

Reged: 08/31/06
Loc: AK
Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination
      02/21/08 09:57 PM

Hey Gary -
My understanding is that Sustiva can increase psychological episodes - I think it affects those who have some predisposition to that at a greater rate. At first I was put on Paxil because I was having alot of anxiety and depression; however, I have since been diagnosed as bipolar (not sure I am buying into it - but am charting my moods and meeting with therapist on a regular basis) - when I was first told I may be bipolar, I stopped the Paxil and the trazadone, which helps me sleep. After a few months I went back on the trazadone because of sleep disturbance issues associated with, I assume, Sustiva. I have been told that antidepressants can make bipolar worse - so if I go back on something it will be a mood stabilizer. First tho I want to track my moods for a good 6 months to see if there is a discernible pattern. Not sure how that will go since last week I was so depressed I didn't go to work one day - just laid in bed for hours. I feel apathetic and out of it. Luckily, the last two days have been MUCH better - have been to the gym and work has gone ok - we shall see.
Sorry - kinda went off tangent - ooops
Anyway - I think it is definitely worth talking to your Dr about if you are feeling depressed or anxious - they have different drugs for them - some are anti-anxiety some are anti-depressants.
Do you take anything to sleep? I find being exhausted really depletes my ability to handle stress and life in general.
Are you eating out of emotional distress? I find I look to food for comfort, especially when I am tired. Feel free to ask specifics or share more of what you are experiencing - ask the experts - sometimes they have good instant feedback.
Huge hugs to you -
Lor

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Sustiva + Truvada combination richwales 02/20/08 05:45 PM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination picaropsv   02/22/08 02:46 AM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination richwales   02/21/08 05:15 PM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination sunflower   02/20/08 09:49 PM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination Choosing2Liv   02/21/08 11:04 AM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination sunflower   02/21/08 09:57 PM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination Choosing2Liv   02/22/08 04:53 PM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination whocanfigure   02/20/08 09:08 PM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination franfrog   02/20/08 08:22 PM
. * Re: Sustiva + Truvada combination Leonardo   02/20/08 06:51 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6871

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3