The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

ai77
Fanatic

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: California
Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial?
      04/30/06 06:01 PM

OK - I just read my info packet. I'm actually confused about whether this is a trial or a study. In the title, it says "trial," but in the rest of the packet, it says it's a study. I didn't even know there was a difference until you said so! In any case, it's a phase III, and double-blinded.

ATV= Atazanavir= Reyataz
RTV= Ritonavir= Norvir

All of the drugs are FDA-approved. One of my main concerns is that I saw on the Aids Info Net that Tuvada+Sustiva is listed as a preferred regimen... But the clinical trial nurse said that all of the regimens are equally effective. She said that doctors stick with the preferred regimen because they're comfortable with it and don't want to try the other combos.

I'll email this to Dr. Ben. He seems to have good advice. Unfortunately, my ID doc is on vacation until the end of May, but she filled one of her colleagues in on my situation, and set up an appointment for me to see that other ID doc on the 10th, to potentially start the meds. The clinical trial nurse is also going to the appointment. The study is linked to the clinic, but my doc is not directly affiliated with it.

Thanks so much for the questions - it'll help me clarify what I should know and be asking. It's all rather confusing at this point!

Thanks a million,
M

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? ai77 04/30/06 01:46 PM
. * Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? Survivor   04/30/06 02:20 PM
. * Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? ai77   04/30/06 06:01 PM
. * Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? Blixer   04/30/06 07:16 PM
. * Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? Survivor   04/30/06 06:36 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2308

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3