The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial?
      04/30/06 02:20 PM

Ai.. I want to be sure we are on the same page first... Is this a trial or is this a study? My personal options would be 1 or 2. Just because (and we dont know this yet) that David may have been hypersensitive to Epzicom dont be afraid of that. In my time around HIV and AIDS I personally do not know what these abriavated ATV and RTV's are. If these are trial drugs, I would strongly not put yourself at risk (only FDA approved drugs will I put in my body. 1 and 2 R). There are plenty of first line regimens that will take care of you fine such as option 1 and 2. Maybe someone else knows what these are but I just scanned thebody data base and could not find these. I will try and look elsewhere. You might wish to post under Ask the Experts under meds. I happen to like Dr. Ben (since he is my doc anyway) and he could fill you in on all 4 options. He is very picky about what trials and studies he puts his patients on. Not all study/trial facilities work this way...

As far as starting in a months time with your cd4 count. You probably will be fine esp since you are protecting yourself with Septra. Talk to your ID doc about that. As well, talk to your ID doc about these 4 options. I presume the trial/study doc is not part of your personal ID doc right?? I dont like that to much either. My study is being run by my doctor, but thats neither here nor there. Just be sure your ID Doc who you know and trust understand and will consult you on these four options.

Aint this fun?

Love

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? ai77 04/30/06 01:46 PM
. * Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? Survivor   04/30/06 02:20 PM
. * Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? ai77   04/30/06 06:01 PM
. * Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? Blixer   04/30/06 07:16 PM
. * Re: To clinical trial or not to clinical trial? Survivor   04/30/06 06:36 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2252

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3