Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: legal aid and bug-chaser
      12/13/05 03:07 PM

Oh I CANT believe that!! Especially if there is MEDICAL documentation to PROVE that she had been to his doctors and KNEW he was positive. You should have him request a copy of his medical records for that office. (I understand he is incarcerated, so perhaps YOU can pick up a release of information and have him sign it.....and sign it so that it can be released to YOU). What state do you live in anyway? It doesnt seem right that there is documentation in medical records, but yet HE is being blamed as if she didnt know. It depends on where you live as well.....I dont know how some states handle it even if the person DID know he had hiv...and still had unprotected sex? Some things dont seem right to me, such as....if one is aware of a status.....it doesnt seem right that they could go to jail because BOTH parties participated in unprotected sex! (I mean in the state of Mass...its not even required that you MUST tell your status, EVEN if you have sex without protection OR disclosure)...it is probably one of the only states that EVERYONES privacy...is just that....THEIR PRIVACY!!

I know it wont be easy, and maybe may not make much of a difference (depending on where you live), but can you try to do the medical record request? It doesn seem right that he get that much of a punishment if she knew. What the heck kind of lawyer did he have....TO NOT insist that the documentation may help!!

I'm sorry your friend is going thru this.....The law is so weird and varies from state to state in regards to disclosure.

get back to me soon.

love and prayers,
debbie

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* legal aid and bug-chaser mandinka 12/05/05 11:33 AM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser debtex   12/05/05 04:25 PM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser Anonymous   12/05/05 08:17 PM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser debtex   12/05/05 08:55 PM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser Anonymous   12/07/05 10:22 AM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser debtex   12/07/05 11:04 PM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser mandinka   12/13/05 12:38 PM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser debtex   12/13/05 03:07 PM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser Anonymous   12/14/05 12:08 AM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser debtex   12/14/05 10:49 PM
. * Re: legal aid and bug-chaser mandinka   12/18/05 08:10 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3629

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3