Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Homosexuality and HIV/AIDS
      04/04/04 12:05 AM

WOW... I don't even know how to respond to this, in fact for a moment I wasn't sure I'd even waste my time but here goes..

MOST gay men have HIV? I'd have to disagree with that based on the numbers.
0.4% of the american population are infected with this dsease, about half of that amount are aware of their infection. That's roughly a million people, give or take a bit. Of that, not every infection is in a man, and not every infection is with a person who engaged in MSM. A good (actually bad) percentage of cases in smaller states especially are related to injection drug use in men and women. Heterosexually infected women, especially African American women, account for a large percentage of newly infected cases. To say this is mainly a gay disease is irresponsible not to mention heartless and wrong. The majority of people in the United States do not have this disease- and that majority accounts for every subgroup you can come up with, including gay men, women, and even injection drug users. AIDS is not a disease punishing people for their sins. As a Hetero male and a Christian I am sickened when it's said otherwise.

I will agree that if you do not engage in homosexual sex it reduces your risk greatly. It also reduces your risk not to engage in injection drug use or to have unprotected sexual intercourse with women. This is not a gay disease. I think if the American public finally gets that through their head our new infections will drop at least in half. If you are afraid of this disease, instead of releasing your fear by hating a community of people - HUMAN BEINGS- just like yourself, turn your energy to prevention, volunteer, give money to an AIDS foundation. Your ignorance and hate only fuels the epidemic.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Homosexuality and HIV/AIDS Truth Teller 04/01/04 09:06 PM
. * Re: Homosexuality and HIV/AIDS *DELETED* Anonymous   04/02/04 06:09 AM
. * Re: Homosexuality and HIV/AIDS Anonymous   04/04/04 12:05 AM
. * Re: Homosexuality and HIV/AIDS Anonymous   04/18/04 10:45 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3776

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3