Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

low risk activity, ARS symptoms?
      03/30/04 09:29 AM

On February 5th, I received oral sex from a girl of unknown status. I've found out later through friends that she is an IV drug user and has had sex with A LOT of men. I wrote about my situation to one of the experts but have not heard a response, so I am writing here.

About 3 weeks later, I got a mild cold. Didn't even think twice about it. That lasted about a week and I felt fine for a few days. Then the ARS symptoms hit me hard at about 4.5 weeks after the encounter. I had every symptom in the book except a rash. Went to the doctor, he thought I had strep throat because he could see "pus dripping off my tonsils". He tested me for it, but it came back negative. So that doesn't look good. He said I could have mono too, but he treated me as though I had strep because he thought there could have been too much bacteria in the sample that the test could have been overwhelmed. I got an antibiotic and felt better in about 24 hours. I couldn't handle the side effects of that one though, so he gave me a milder one that I took for 7 more days. For about the last 2 weeks now, I have been coughing constantly. I feel fine so far, but I keep coughing. Medicine doesn't help.

From the above, it looks like I have HIV, correct? So I should go get tested? It's funny, when I did it with that girl, she wanted to have sex but I told her no since I didn't have a condom. I thought I was being "safe" by just getting oral sex. And now, I might be the first documented case of it. Thanks for any advice/help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* low risk activity, ARS symptoms? Anonymous 03/30/04 09:29 AM
. * Re: low risk activity, ARS symptoms? Good Luck   07/03/04 12:20 AM
. * Re: low risk activity, ARS symptoms? Anonymous   05/25/04 10:27 AM
. * Re: low risk activity, ARS symptoms? Switch625   03/30/04 10:31 AM
. * Re: low risk activity, ARS symptoms? Anonymous   03/30/04 05:19 PM
. * Re: low risk activity, ARS symptoms? Switch625   04/01/04 08:19 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4239

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3