Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it?
      09/05/00 11:57 PM

Dear friend, I feel your anger. I think we all develop OCD when we think of HIV infection, causes, symptoms. I am currently in fear of being positive myself and I DO plan on getting tested in the very near future. Look....you know the stats.......did the research......and most of all you had protected sex(VERY SMART). Bro, it sounds like you have little to worry about.........but get tested to ease your mind.......I'm sure you'll be fine and some of your OCD behaviors may even disappear. As far as finding an isolated incident where a pos women infected a male......I personally never heard or read of a case where this happened(at least here in the US...I don't know about the stats in Africa). Wait.... there is one, Magic Johnson.........however I remember there was some speculation as to how he really caught the infection. Also the boxer Tommy Morrison claims that he caught HIV through unprotected sex as well. Who knows how these two caught the virus...perhaps they are telling the truth....perhaps they aren't. Just the fact the there are very low odds of contracting HIV is enough for the gov't or media to inform people. I know it does put fear in people's minds (including myself), especilly living in NYC! There are signs everywhere about getting an HIV test, ads for HIV therapies, AIDS hotlines. It is really stressful for people who are trying to get through the day and not think of HIV and all you have to do is look at a bus stop or an ad on the subway wall to see something to remind you of the mental anguish you are currently in.
However...back to your situation..you've had protected sex plus you know the stats....stop worrying! Don't get pissed at the media, life is too short for that! Instead be happy you were smart enough to use a condom! One more thing my friend.........may I suggest you find yourself a girlfriend and stop wasting your money on whores!
Good luck and I wish you the best!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Prostitution Risk? What is it? SassySteven 09/05/00 10:46 PM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? Anonymous   09/19/00 08:05 PM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? Anonymous   09/05/00 11:57 PM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? Anonymous   09/06/00 12:13 AM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? GaryNPA   09/06/00 08:55 AM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? Anonymous   09/06/00 09:14 AM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? GaryNPA   09/06/00 09:29 AM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? Anonymous   09/06/00 09:10 AM
. * Please... Anonymous   09/06/00 12:05 PM
. * Re: Please... Anonymous   09/06/00 12:36 PM
. * Re: Please... Anonymous   09/06/00 01:18 PM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? GaryNPA   09/06/00 09:27 AM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? Anonymous   09/06/00 12:06 PM
. * Re: Prostitution Risk? What is it? Anonymous   07/06/04 12:57 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15431

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3