Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: infected?
      08/23/00 05:50 PM

Thank you for your reply. I am stressing a great deal.
Everytime I feel like I am ok, I get rashes and out breaks of HSV. I am not sure if it is I or II because it is on my arms and trunk. Nothing genitally, however I have been getting many mouth sores as well.

I get worried because my tests for HSV came out negative when I could see some spots. And it was over three months since exposure. I know those tests say positive if over a value of 1.0 and mine was like 0.6. Kinda scares me to think that maybe the antibody production is weak because it is responding to HSV and something else yet undetermined. In addition, the fact that I got mono tells me that my immune system was weakened. It is now almost 2 months since the mono diagnosis and I still have some of the major symptoms of mono hanging on.

When the mono was the worst, the only lymph nodes that hurt were in the neck and arms. Now that the mono is starting to subside a bit, the ones in my groin are starting to hurt as well.

If it was hiv, don't all the lymph nodes react at the same time? How much free antibody need to be present for the tests to come back ractive if you are positive? Are the elisa tests more sensitive than the viral load assays? I know that some pcr dna assays measure to 400 and some to 50. What do the elisa tests measure to? Are they more sensative than the western blot tests?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* infected? Anonymous 08/22/00 06:30 PM
. * Re: infected? Anonymous   08/22/00 08:33 PM
. * Re: infected? Anonymous   08/23/00 05:50 PM
. * Re: infected? Anonymous   08/23/00 07:58 PM
. * Re: infected? Anonymous   08/23/00 08:29 PM
. * Re: infected? Anonymous   08/23/00 10:07 PM
. * Re: infected? Anonymous   08/22/00 06:55 PM
. * Re: infected? GaryNPA   08/23/00 08:25 AM
. * Re: infected? Anonymous   08/23/00 05:38 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2154

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3