Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Erythematous Candidiasis?
      06/09/03 11:25 AM

I hope someone can help me. I'm scared out of my wits. I am a 24 yr old white male and my risk activities have been giving and receiving oral sex. Anyways, I haven't done anything for 2.5 years.

A week and a half ago, I noticed that the middle of my tongue hurt. When I would roll my tongue, or do anything with it, the middle would ache and hurt. But when I looked in the mirror, there was nothing wrong with it.

I went to the dentist on the following Monday, and later in the day, my tongue was still hurting a bit when I would roll my tongue. I looked in the mirror, and I could now see a red spot in the middle. Over the next three days, the pain stopped but more red spots (almost looks like the whitish part of the tongue sloughed off) have appeared. It is very localized (the size of a dime I would say), and it doesn't hurt anymore. It isn't sensitive to foods or anything either.

But I'm scared that I have erythematous candidiasis. Does this seem probable? Am I at a high risk for HIV if I did oral sex with multiple partners? And would symptoms show up this soon? Please help me I'm out of my mind.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Erythematous Candidiasis? Anonymous 06/09/03 11:25 AM
. * Re: Erythematous Candidiasis? Anonymous   06/10/03 09:47 AM
. * Re: Erythematous Candidiasis? Anonymous   06/09/03 10:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1475

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3